I can’t find my tax returns – what do I do so I can still for chapter 7 bankruptcy?

We will need a copy of either your Federal Tax returns or your Federal Tax transcripts for the most recent two years prior to the filing of your Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

You may obtain a copy of your tax transcripts from the IRS by calling their toll free telephone number provided on the IRS website  (1-800-908-9946).

Your tax transcripts usually take at least a couple of weeks for you to receive in the mail.

If you have not filed tax returns for the most recent two years, you must do so before we can file. If you are exempt from filing a Federal Income Tax return because you are either on government assistance, etc., you will need to sign an affidavit affirming this fact.


Leave a Comment