You have options to sue the mortgage company both before and after an illegal foreclosure.

The Secret Your Mortgage Company Does Not Want You To Know About Regarding Stopping Foreclosures

My name is John Watts and my law firm helps Alabama consumers who are facing foreclosure to stop the foreclosure without filing bankruptcy. Join me on this short journey and I trust you will find this time well spent as you look for how to save your home from a foreclosure. The only supposed ways to stop a foreclosure in Alabama The mortgage company (whether Nationstar/Mr. Cooper or Wells Fargo or Bank of America or whoever) wants you to believe that the… (Read more)

Alabama foreclosure: What you should look for in your credit reports to help stop the foreclosure

Alabama foreclosure: What you should look for in your credit reports to help stop the foreclosure You’re facing a foreclosure in Alabama. What should you look for in your credit reports to help you stop the foreclosure? These suggestions are specific to Alabama. Your state may be similar, but you will want to check on your state’s laws.  Does your credit report show that you are in foreclosure? This is very common on credit reports.  As you approach a foreclosure… (Read more)

3 simple steps to getting help with your mortgage due to Covid-19

3 simple steps to getting help with your mortgage due to Covid-19 If you have been laid off or financially affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, how do you make sure that you get what you are entitled to and ensure that your mortgage company does not cheat you? There are 3 simple steps you can use: Ask for help Document proof Take action Ask for help Call them. Go online and chat with your mortgage company. Send an email. Get… (Read more)

Suing your mortgage company for refusing to give you a CARES Act forbearance you were entitled to receive

The CARES Act is a powerful law that, if you qualify, entitles you to receive a forbearance on making payments on your mortgage.  But what happens when your mortgage company refuses to give you the forbearance? What can you sue for? This is a question that was asked by a consumer after our article listed above.  So here are some possibilities: FDCPA RESPA and RESPA letters FCRA State law Let’s look at these but first let’s remind ourselves of what the… (Read more)

CARES Act Explained: How to save your home from Alabama foreclosure

The CARES Act is an amazingly powerful law that can help you stop an Alabama foreclosure.  This law was recently passed to help deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.  Its a huge law but the part we will focus on is what this law says about stopping foreclosures by getting a forbearance.  A forbearance means you don’t have to make payments for a period of months which is a benefit.  This can be up to 6 months or even 12 months. … (Read more)

Alabama Foreclosure: Can a defective default letter make a foreclosure void?

Yes.  If the default letter is defective, then the Alabama foreclosure can be declared “void” so that it never happened and/or you can sue for money damages.  Let’s see why. Two Types of Foreclosures In America Judicial Foreclosure In Florida, for example, for the mortgage company to foreclose it must sue you, serve you, and then beat you in court.  Then the judge will allow the foreclosure.  It is called a “judicial” foreclosure because the court — the judicial system… (Read more)