Midland Funding collection lawsuits in Alabama in 2019

If you have been sued in an Alabama collection lawsuit by the debt buyer Midland Funding, you have a lot of company.  From January 1, 2019, to March 15, 2019, Midland Funding filed 3842 lawsuits in Alabama.

That’s 3842 lawsuits in 74 days.

Midland Funding collection lawsuits in Alabama in 2019Over 51 lawsuits a day — every single day of this year.

And these lawsuits are filed all over the state — from Madison County in the northern part of the State to Jefferson County to Montgomery County to Mobile County.  And every other County in Alabama.

These lawsuits are filed by two of the largest and most experienced collection law firms in Alabama:

Zarzaur & Schwartz, PC in Birmingham.

Moxley & Associates, LLC in Montgomery.

Both of these law firms sue consumers all over Alabama for Midland Funding.

Most people sued just . . . give up.  They do nothing and a default judgment happens.  Or they assume they owe Midland because they owed the original credit card.

You have other (better) options — keep reading to find out . . . 

So what do you do if you are sued by Midland?

First, take it very seriously as this is the debt collection firm that files the most lawsuits in Alabama.  And it has two of the best collection law firms that know what they are doing in suing you.

Second, figure out your deadline to respond to the lawsuit.  You first start with the date you were served.  Then you have 14 days from the date of service to respond if you were sued in District or Small Claims Court.  If you were sued in Circuit Court, you have 30 days from the date of service.

Third, look at your five options:

Fourth, take action now! This is the most important step.  You must move.  You must take action.  Or all the knowledge in the world is worth nothing.  Many actions you take can be corrected even if they are wrong but doing nothing is very hard to correct.  It is kind of like driving — you can change direction if your car is moving.  But that’s hard to do much if your car is standing still.

Let us help you figure out where you are and where you need to go if you have been sued by Midland

Think of GPS — you need to know your current location and where you want to go.  Then the GPS helps you figure out the best route.

We can help you with all three:

First, by helping you understand where you are right now.  When were you sued, how much were you sued for, etc.

Second, we can help you figure out where you want to end up — settlement, fighting the lawsuit, having your credit report cleared of Midland, etc.

Finally, we help you see the best path to get from where you are today to where you want to end up tomorrow.

Call us at 205-879-2447 and ask for Carolyn — she will look up your lawsuit in Alabama and help you immediately on the phone.  We are here to help you — give us a call now or fill out our contact form.

Thank you and talk to you soon!

John Watts


From March 16, 2019 to March 24, 2019, Midland Funding filed an additional 490 lawsuits.


  1. Ernest powell says:

    I was paying my debt to Parnell & Parnell with auto pay they stopped taking my payment now have Central Portfolio telling me they want the whole debt payed or will Garnish my pay checks . There is a judgment in court house from Main street Acquisition I’m being Arassed every other day from them central proelio What should I do? And Earnest is how it’s spelled at court house

  2. Traci Copes says:

    I just received 2 letters from different lawfirms stating they pulled my name from public record and were willing to represent me in a collection case. I have not received a summons as of yet. Is it possible to find out if im being sued prior to a summons?

    • John Watts says:


      Yes you can either call your courthouse and give them your name (and any former names) or if you are in Alabama you can call my office and ask to speak to Carolyn. 205-879-2447. She can look up your case and send you a copy of it.

      In Alabama all of the lawsuits are online (called “Alacourt”) and so we can pull from any county.

      Best wishes!

      John Watts

  3. Shell says:

    I got a paper today about being garnished. I didn’t get any paper on a court date or anything of that nature how can i get this overturned and have a fair chance

    • John Watts says:


      Sorry this happened.

      So if you are being garnished, it means you have a judgment against you.

      Which means the court believes you were properly served with the lawsuit.

      If you were not properly served, then you can attack the judgment.

      So the first step is to see if you were served. I’m assuming you are in Alabama — if so call Carolyn at 205-879-2447 and she will look up your case and then we can chat.

      Best wishes and look forward to chatting with you.


Leave a Comment