What could possibly happen after I’ve been sued in an ejectment lawsuit after foreclosure?

What could possibly happen after I’ve been sued in an ejectment lawsuit after a foreclosure in Alabama?

ejectment lawsuitThis is a natural question, especially since the foreclosure has already happened.

In addition to foreclosure, you’ve been sued!

Well, there are three things that could make things worse.

1. You could get kicked out of your home.

If you lose your ejectment lawsuit, then a sheriff’s deputy will come to your door and tell you that you and your stuff need to get out immediately.

2. You could owe the new owners money damages.

This means that you would have to pay them for staying on their property.

If they sue you, then you would have to pay them money damages, which typically will be the rental value of the property.

3. You may lose your right of redemption.

Right of redemption is where you have the ability to buy back your home within a certain time limit.

For most people facing foreclosure, that isn’t a significant right because there wouldn’t be enough time to get financing and the like.

However, it is a right that can be taken away from you.

The bottom line is that you need to take action now to protect yourself.

That action may be that you want to leave that house.

That’s fine.

You just need to coordinate that with the lawyer that is suing you in the ejectment lawsuit

You may want to fight it on your own.

That works also, even though it may not be the best idea.

You may want to hire a lawyer to help you.

That’s fine, also.

You may even want to do something else.

Whatever you decide, you need to take immediate action, because the clock is ticking.

Once you’re served in Circuit Court, you have 30 days to respond.

Contact Us.

If you’d like some resources to help you figure out your options, you can visit EjectmentDVD.com.  There we talk about being sued for ejectment after a foreclosure, and you can contact us there.

RESPAVideo.com is where we talk about this law, RESPA, and how it can help you in this situation.

You can reach us by phone at 1-205-879-2447.

Or you can fill out a contact form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

I look forward to chatting with you!

Have a great day.

-John G. Watts

Leave a Comment