“How do I get my Innovis credit report for free?”
Innovis is sometimes called the “4th credit bureau” after Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union. Just like those agencies, you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report from Innovis every 12 months. (Look at this article and video to find out how to get your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion reports for free).
You can go directly here to order your free Innovis credit report by mail or by phone.
Looking at your report is always the first step.
If all is correct, then great. Just put a reminder on your calendar or phone to pull it again in 12 months.
But if there is false information, dispute it by certified mail and then if it is not fixed correctly look into suing under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to get your report accurate and to obtain money damages.
Often times these credit reporting agencies such as Innovis need to be sued in federal court before they realize there is a requirement that they accurately report and get rid of false information.
If you live in Alabama and have questions for us, simply call us at 205-879-2447 or fill out our online contact form and we will get back with you to set up a call or a meeting to help you make sure your credit reports are accurate.
For further research
- FAQ About Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- An Overview of How to Deal with Identity Theft
- What Are The Benefits Of Suing Under The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)?
- You Have A Legal Right To Accurate Credit Reports
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Claims – Do I Have To Dispute With Credit Reporting Agencies Before Suing?
- Fixing Credit Report Errors: Who Do You Send A Dispute Letter To?
- Form and Substance of Dispute Letter For Credit Report Errors
- Sample Credit Report Dispute Letter on Account That Is Not Yours
- Lawyer Asks: “How Likely Is It To Get A Fraudulent Account Off Of My Credit Report?”
- Straight Talk About Why You Must Look At Your Credit Report Today
- 60 Minutes Report Reveals The Broken Credit Report System In America